CIEAM research is more than theory applied in isolation.
Spread across four programs, CIEAM’s research portfolio comprises projects that tackle a specific suite of challenges identified by industry.
Extending our collaborative efforts beyond our core participant group, CIEAM works with industry partners and small to medium enterprises, as well as engaging in community-based projects.
Sustainability and organisational performance
This program is dedicated to optimising performance, transforming the interface between people-based and technology-based management, and establishing sustainability as a key management program in asset-intensive industries. Primary project outputs include:
- Asset Management Capability Maturity Model (AMCaMM)
- Workforce skills transformation
- Socially and environmentally responsible performance measures and assessment
Integration and interoperability
Focussed on delivering consistent, timely, high quality information about assets and their management via information systems throughout an asset-intensive organisation and its supply and value chains, this program’s outputs include:
- Integration data models and architectures
- Asset Information Models (AIM) and tools
- Enterprise knowledge portals
Project outcomes are centered on developing integrated models for asset health management and support for optimising critical decisions about asset operations, maintenance and capital expenditure, presented through a user-friendly dashboard. This program produces real-life solutions such as:
- Asset health manager
- Multi-criteria life cycle decision support
- Harmonised asset management integrated service hub (HAMISH)
Dedicated to developing advanced tools for monitoring and assessing structural performance, this program specialises in operational assets within aggressive environments, particularly rail rolling-stock, civil aircraft, ships, civil infrastructure and power transformers. The program delivers:
- Structural integrity prognosis tools for defects and corrosion under stress;
- Applications of corrosion sensing to paint degradation on structures; and
- Advanced tools for assessing and improving the condition of power transformers.